CPS Week September 15-21, 2019
The Child Passenger Safety Association of Canada is pleased to offer support for members who are planning child passenger safety events in their communities for child passenger safety week September 15-21, 2019.
CPSAC wants to support your child passenger safety activities during the month of September 2019. Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Grant applications will be accepted as of July 1, 2019.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm Atlantic on Tuesday, August 6, 2019.
Goals of this grant project:
- Support CPSAC members as they do child passenger safety work in their communities by providing simplified access to funding, organizational, and graphics support;
- Re-invest member dollars into cross-country child passenger safety initiatives by members;
- Encourage collaboration and partnerships between members and community partners and organizations;
- Increase access to child passenger safety information across Canada;
- Raise national awareness of CPSAC through an organized, concerted social media effort, signage, and branding.
Building on the success of last year, CPSAC will be awarding many small grants of up to $250, and up to five larger grants of up to $1,000, to communities across the country to help you in your efforts. The funding allocated for this grant program is $10,000. Note: funds can be sent to a member’s organization or employer, rather than a member personally (for example, a family resource centre.
Are you planning a clinic? A roadside event? CPST training? What about a parent presentation or an information booth? Any event where you are promoting child passenger safety in your community is eligible (find ideas and resources in the Technician Toolbox here). Applicants for larger grants of up to $1,000 are encouraged to think creatively, and sustainably, for long term benefit to the community, and maximum effectiveness of funding. Instructor-candidates are reminded of the IC Travel Subsidy available to them and should apply instead through that fund if appropriate. Notice of funding status will be communicated by August 10, 2019.
This grant applies to activities that:
- Take place during the month of September 2019
- Are lead by CSPAC members (CPSTs who expire before the event are no longer CPSAC members);
- Conform to all CPSAC policies and procedures.
Priority/preference will be given to:
- Activities that include multiple community partners or supporting organizations; request community support using a template available here.
- Activities that focus on establishment of longer term community resources, for example tangible items that can be used again at future events;
- Activities that take place during CPS Week (Saturday Sept 14 through Sunday September 22, 2019).
- Regions that were not funded last year.
One event per region will be funded; we recommend connecting with other CPSAC members in your area and applying together. Region is defined as a town or small city, and in the cases of larger cities, by neighbourhood or geographic proximity based on postal code. If more than one application is received for a single region then preference will be given to applications as outlined above.
To be eligible to receive funding through this grant:
- Reporting obligations from CPS Week 2018 were fully met (not applicable if this is your or your organization’s first time applying)
- Apply through the grant application process (opens July 1st)
- If you use social media:
- Use dedicated social media hashtags #CPSWeekCanada and #CPSAC
- Add CPSAC as a co-host on page events of Facebook business pages
- Create a CPSAC event at https://www.cpsac.org/events/community/add
- Wear CPSAC gear or patches during your event where possible; see product availability in the store. Order by July 10th to ensure arrival before CPS Week.
- Agree to submit a report by October 7, 2019 including:
- 2-4 photos that are usable on the CPSAC website or for other publications, together with a signed photo consent form; Photos submitted without a photo release will not be accepted for the purposes of reporting obligations.
- Information about parent/caregiver participation including any relevant statistics (ie. 25 seats checked);
- A list of any publicity you received (links to radio, newspaper, TV or social media reporting if any exist);
- Attendance list of CPSAC members if applicable (names, and a scan of the sign-in sheet); these names will be used for draws for additional prizes.
- Summary of community partner participation if applicable.
This grant will not cover:
- Car seats, booster seats, or training seats. We encourage you to reach out to local businesses and community partners to seek donations for seats (template here), or for other community support (template here).
- Mileage, meals, or refreshments (other than water). We encourage you to reach out to local businesses and community partners to seek food sponsors if appropriate (template here).
- Salary or compensation to individuals or organizations.
- Any items for which an itemized budget breakdown is not included.
The application period has now closed (deadline was August 6, 2019 at 11:59pm Atlantic). Thank you to all who applied. Notification of funding status will be communicated by August 10, 2019.
The below information will remain for reference purposes:
Make sure you have familiarized yourself with the above information, you have all of the required information outlined below, and are ready to submit a complete application. IMPORTANT: Incomplete or ineligible applications will not be accepted and can not be edited after submission. If you have questions about any aspect of your application please ask in advance of submission to email@example.com.
- Name, CPSAC member number, and expiry date
- Shipping address of the applicant
- A clear, defined event with date, location, and community partners already established
- Complete, itemized budget for all eligible items
Ensure your application does NOT include funding requests for:
- Car seats or booster seats
- Meals or refreshments (other than bottled water)
- Salary or compensation for individuals or organizations
Graphics for Advertising or Announcing Your Event
A Graphics Team is standing by to help you create high quality, visually appealing graphics that conform to the CPSAC Style Guide. Send your graphics request, photos to include in the graphic, along with relevant event details, to firstname.lastname@example.org.